To promote the common good and general welfare of the people of Marathon County, Wisconsin.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Lessening the burdens of government by protecting the natural resources and combating deterioration of public buildings, monuments, or works in the communities within Marathon County;
- Bringing about civic betterments and social improvements within Marathon County.
The development of programs to:
- Focus public attention on the Wausau and Marathon County Park Systems’ facilities and needs,
- Stimulate and encourage the gifting of funds, land, endowments and bequests to the Marathon County Park Commission, and
- Receive, hold, manage, use and dispose of funds and properties of all kinds, whether given absolutely or in trust, for the benefit of the Wausau or Marathon County Park Systems.